Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

[julie & julia]


okay, have you seen Julie & Julia yet? i'm sure every blogger in America will be writing about this masterpiece, but i haven't seen any posts so far...
so i will take the liberty and tell you, it was so incredibly wonderful!
i laughed, cringed, cried

(okay, i didn't cry... my friends & family all know i'm a big bawl baby!!!)
and walked away wanting to cook my head off!


it also made me want to buy julia's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking!
i have a sneaky suspicion bookstores won't be able to stock these fast enough!



i can't forget to applause
Meryl Streep for giving a killer performance!
she mastered the art of Julia!
amy adams was as adorable as ever too!

if you blog, cook, bake, or none of these, this is a show you'll really enjoy!
i promise! if you don't like it, something must be wrong with you [wink]!
go see it!
i want to know what you think!

p.s. jeanne, this movie has the cutest bushel & a peck song in it!
maybe you've already heard it...

it would be so perfectly fitting for your blog playlist!


11 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see this movie, those are two of my favorite actresses...matched up with cooking and blogging...well, what could be better! I'm glad to know you like it!
    Now who is going to make up the Julie/Julia pledge and try to also make all those meals from the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see this movie! My hubs actually said he'd take me (to a girly movie!!).

    BTW, I am having a giveaway on my blog! Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this! Thanks for the review! I'm just afraid that I'm going to have to sneak a very large delicious pastry into the theatre with me to fully appreciate it. (Notice I used the fancy spelling of theater)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will have to check it out !! looks like so much fun !!!
    xo,
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't recognize that was Amy with her hair short. I'm used to seeing it long, I always thought she looked like Isla Fisher but not so much now. I'm going to love this movie, I just know it! I've just started reading Family Fun magazine thanks to a friend and I thought I'd try the same concept. Try every craft in there through out the month. It's always something my kids would love. Well! Thanks for posting about it, you've peaked my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heather, i love your "theatre"! you'll definitely want to sneak in a tasty pastry!
    thankfully i didn't watch it hungry, or i would have stopped on my way home for a huge chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I loved it. So funny, what night did you go and see it? I went tuesday night with my girlfriends....it was a great show and Meryl Streep WAS indeed AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kate,
    i went tuesday night too!
    when can we go see one together?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amelia,

    I'm so glad that you went with me. It seemed like forever since I'd talked to you! I can't get enough of Julia Child now--I've been watching her old shows on PBS online and reading every article about her I can find. My husband thinks I'm obsessed!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. emily,
    have you really? you're so cute! she is definitely a character! i'll have to go watch some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mil!! You are such a hoot! I love your almost new friend post~ Hilarious! You are so right! how do you come off NOT looking like a stalker?!

    Melis and I saw the show last night- Julie and Julia and we loved it! I really wanted to rush to the store and start cooking up a feast!

    We need to get together sometime! Summer is almost up! I can't believe it! When would be a good time for you?!

    ReplyDelete