Monday, September 21, 2009

[an artistic icon]





.bessie pease gutmann is my artistic idol.
learn more about her here


maybe it is because i am a mother, but i just love and admire her work!
she captured the essence of children and their most precious moments.
i have a few numbered prints my mother passed down to me. i will forever cherish them.
hung on my nursery walls, their soft nostalgic warmth always comfort me as i rock my little ones.

i would someday love to collect more! i fear my children will outgrow these and insist on hanging up posters of rock bands and boys.
i better just keep having lots of babies! yeah right... my siblings can do that!






wouldn't one these make the sweetest little baby gift? her small prints are surprisingly very reasonably priced.
you can view and purchase them here