Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

[broken]



blog,december 2009

over the course of several weeks, each one of my throw pillows have come apart.
the last one standing finally joined the others in my laundry room heap awaiting repair.

my question to you dear readers,
have you ever seen these kind of buttons before?

are they fixable? they don't look like they are.

i am trying to decide if i should just sew the middles for the "tuft" look and then hot glue the buttons on, or if I can somehow connect the top and bottom buttons together again.
they are perfectly good pillows and still look brand new....
i'd hate to throw them away!
help! i need sewing advice :)


blog,december 2009

amelia

6 comments:

  1. I would probably sew the middle and glue the buttons on. It would be hard to find matching replacements. How frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to even thread a needle to sew. When things in my house need repair, I try to call the Sewing Fairy, aka dad. Although the Sewing Fairy has told me he's retired and that it's time I learn to do it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man...I would be hot glu'in those suckers faster then then the gun could heat up. lol
    No one would EVER know.
    DO it. DO it. Do it. lol
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the advice!!!
    i think i will just sew the middles and glue the buttons on.
    we'll see how long they last :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...so I'm slow to seeing this, but HOLD THE PHONE! The buttons look like they are just fabric covered buttons. And I don't know how those ones were connected, but I can find my info book on how to connect them again. You can recover buttons and connect them to each other... They have kits at the fabric store. If you need help, I would be happy to help! Then maybe we could connect after so long! Let me know what you think!!!

    ReplyDelete