Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, February 26, 2010

[how do you do it?]


needed.

blog,February 2010

a full time laundry maid!
laundry: it's a never ending feat that must be done...
let's face it, it's what makes the world go round!
at least if feels that way.

help!
okay, so i am asking you, how do you wash your whites?
i feel like however i clean them, they end up looking dingy too quickly! currently i use tide with bleach and cold water. i've tried hot before, warm, clorox bleach, everything, even following the labels exactly (which is a big pain and pretty much refuse to do these days) what do you do? everyone has their own favorite formula. whats yours? i'd love to know!

blog,February 2010

blog,February 2010

thank you!


signature

11 comments:

  1. I actually got my secret from a couple of my friends. Now I've only been doing this for a couple months but it seems to be working.

    I use Oxyclean in every load & then about every three loads I use a white dye (Whitener/brightener.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you asked this question!!! Chad and I were just talking about this last night when we were folding our dingy grayish supposed to be whites. I can't wait to see what others do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard (who knows?) that bleach on the garmies makes them gray?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've heard a lot of people like oxyclean! i've also heard that garments are dyed white, so bleach will turn them gray. i've done that to 'em :)
    that's another reason i've been washing them in cold- since they are a "color" & we're told cold water is better on colors. ???
    i am loving this discussion! it's always so nice to hear what works best for people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know more about the white dye (whitener/brightener), what's that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes erica, i want to know more too! i'll try and find out more. kristy? anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wondered how all the workers at the temple had such white clothing. When I started working at the temple they suggested a product called White Brite. It works great! The product is a powder and comes in a small white bottle/container with a blue lid. I could only find it at Smiths, Walmart does not carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you kim!!! i hope to find it! i'm so excited!

    p.s. can you use it on whites that have a little color on them like t-shirts, socks, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried it on whites with colors but there are some instructions on using it carefully with colors. Good luck. If you want to see the bottle, call me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we should suggest it to walmart and maybe they'd start carrying it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found a site for White Bright. I am going to get some and try it! http://www.summitbrands.com/brands/WhiteBrite.aspx

    ReplyDelete