Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, March 29, 2010

[wheat grass 101: update]



blog,March 2010

blog,March 2010


we have grass!
here is what our wheat grass looks like this morning (day 6)
i'm like a giddy little school girl watching this stuff grow! i'm laughing at myself right now!
it's like i've never seen anything grow before :)

check out these roots! i am utterly amazed at how thick & deep they quickly grew!
it's been really fun watching the growth through this clear container... i highly recommend transparency.

my kids are of course loving it too! every morning they anxiously observe; for the big growth happens at night!
can't wait to give it a little trim!


happy spring!

signature

7 comments:

  1. Did you know that wheat grass is really good for you too? For years my Mom juiced it daily. We had it growing all over the house. Pretty funny. BYW it tastes nasty. Well, like grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a juicer if you want to borrow it. It's not very tasty, but it is really good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Michelle I have no idea how to post a comment sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks michelle! i actually have a juicer, it's down in my storage room somewhere covered in dust! i should pull it out, clean it and fire it up. i tried wheat grass juice once at zuka juice ages ago... like brandi said, not too tasty! but very healthy indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! I want to grow some! i have fake wheat grass all over my house, but seeing the real thing makes me want some. I love it and the pictures are great too. Like always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about another post like this? Very good. I started doing creative writing back in my youth, and this has the two most important traits of a good article, informative and fun to read. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete