mmm, you're gonna want a bowl full of this!
this soup is our family's favorite! my mom makes it this way and it is oh so delicious!
nothing tastes better than a bowl of this goodness on a cold winter's night.
the best chicken noodle soup in the whole wide world
note: these are not exact measurements. it is very forgiving.
• a couple large handfuls of baby carrots, rough chopped into bite sized pieces (thirds)
• one onion, chopped small
• 3 stalks of celery, rough chopped
• 1/4 cup butter
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 large chicken breasts, trimmed or whole whole *rotisserie chicken
• 8 cups of water
• approx 8 tsp chicken bullion (may want to add a little more depending on your taste)
• three large handfuls of dried country egg noodles (i buy mine in a big bag at costco)
combine first five ingredients and sauté in a large pot. cook for 1-2 minutes until onion is almost transparent. do not overcook veggies-they continue to cook with the noodles & chicken. add water, appropriate amount of bullion, bay leaf and parsley. bring to a boil. add noodles and chicken breasts. return to a boil. cook for 8-10 minutes checking on chicken (do not overcook). When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove and dice. return to soup and continue to cook until noodles are ready.
*if using a rotisserie chicken, just heat until warm, remove from stock pot and pull chicken off the bones and add to soup.
serve with hot rolls!