Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

[are you a xenophile?]



so... i'm a bit embarrassed to say that i just learned this word today during story time.  xenophile.
fancy nancy taught me.  nice vocabulary right?
do you know this word?  are you a xenophile?
to be honest, i wouldn't say i'm a xenophile.  i like foreign people, places and things, but i'm not a huge culture craver.  
are you?  
i think i used to be... and maybe i will be again in the future...
it's just not the right season i suppose.
and this may sound crazy to most, but i'm not a super big traveler either.  maybe its because i've never been anywhere exotic or glamorous.  i'm pretty content staying close to home.  don't get me wrong, i like vacations, but i don't live and die for them.  ya know?  do you?  do you live and die for them?  where are you itching to go?




4 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I love the comfort of home, so it's pretty ironic that I'll be spending most of the next 20 years living in exotic countries. Foreign travel puts me a little on edge (it's just too foreign...) but I would love to check out Morocco, Jordan and Ireland sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Fancy Nancy taught me xenophile too. I don't live and die for vacations either. I've been to some pretty cool places and would like to travel a bit someday, but with little littles, I'm pretty content with day trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. International travel is exhausting. It’s one of those ‘I need a vacation from my vacation’ kind of trips. However when I am back and rested I think of all the cool experiences I had and the great people I have met. There are some amazing places I want to see that are close to home: the Grand Canyon, Austin, Mesa Verde. I always think it is weird to have met someone (and I have a met a few) who are well traveled abroad, but haven’t explored their own country. I know they try to learn more about themselves by discovering far off places, but they could learn a lot about themselves by exploring their current surroundings. But, just like you I love to spend time at home with those I love.
    Love ya, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate things both close to and far from home. Lately, though, I've developed some anxieties that have put the kibosh on my once wanderlusty ways. I so hope it'll go away asap!

    ReplyDelete