Monday, April 13, 2015

Laurel King Canopy Bed Makeover



We updated a few things in our master bedroom a little bit ago, and have been meaning to blog about our canopy bed makeover.

After searching store after store, I came across the Laurel Canopy Bed from Overstock!  I was ecstatic, because it was way super less than any others- by a long shot, and it got great reviews.  Not thrilled with the headboard, I ordered it with some "tweaking" plans in mind.

The bed arrived (free shipping) and the assembly was really easy!  Sam and I put it together quickly... I'd say in 30-40 minutes.

Knowing that the headboard was a tan microfiber when purchasing, I bought some white Dwell geometric upholstery fabric from JoAnn's to recover it with.

The headboard unscrews from the frame my friends!  I simply wrapped the new fabric over the original fabric, stretched and stapled in on tight, and then screwed it back on to the frame.  So simple- and such a quick transformation. 
I absolutely love that I can change the fabric out any time!  All you need is a power drill and staple gun. 

I was able to achieve the look I wanted, and saved hundreds of dollars!  I'd buy this bed again in a heartbeat!  And no, this is not a paid review :0
I've also dream't of a white bed for quite a while now.  They're so pretty, aren't they?  My sister has always had one, and if she has four boys and manages to keep it clean, I should be able to do the same, right?  Turns out, it hasn't been near as hard as I thought it would be to keep it clean.

I was told that whites are dyed white, so to keep the color, wash them in cold water.  It seems to work :)
I saw this fun fabric at Hobby Lobby the other day- how cute would this be for the headboard in a girl's room?  I love how bright and cheerful it is + I'm really into this green right now.
Sam built these nightstands (above) and gave them to me our first married Christmas.  I loved them then, and I still love them now.  Their french-country style and distressed finish give warmth and charm to the room.  I love mixing classic pieces with modern elements.  And wood tones + white = yummy!

I would love to see your canopy bed hack if you buy one!  Take a pic and tag me!

Have a great week!

xo




©2015 brightsides, all rights reserved.